Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Progress

It feels magical. I guess sometimes the best way to get out of a funk is just to push yourself out of it. Last night I had a few good reasons why I didn't want to actually work on the sweater (sleep being at the top of the list!). I have also felt a lag in my spiritual life lately so I decided to do two things at once. I pulled up a religious talk on my computer and as I listened to it I started work on my sweater (or Maggie's sweater I should say). I got a good start. When the talk was over I closed things down and went to bed. This morning I woke up with new energy. I finished putting together my holiday gifts for my coworkers (yes, I know the holidays have been over for two weeks now, but I have learned to cut myself some slack). I wanted to do other things that I have been putting off. I am hoping I can keep the momentum going. I credit my new-found energy and improved mood on taking the time and effort to work on something I really wanted to do, even if I didn't have the time to do it. The other possible explanation - today is January 15th, the day after January 14th. Someone at work yesterday told me and a room full of unhappy people that she had heard on the radio that January 14th is the most depressing day of the year. I don't know the reasoning, but it made sense to all of us in that foul-mood room. So, whether it is because I pushed myself to move beyond a funk or because we have passed the dreaded 14th of January I don't care. I'm just happy for the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment